Comunidades Unidas Peru (CU Peru) works to improve the health of rural communities in the Peruvian Amazon by providing health care trainings to community health workers. We are currently seeking a motivated and dynamic candidate looking to gain a range of experiences in an international development organization. The Development Intern will assist in a variety of capacities with a focus on identifying and cultivating new funding opportunities. The intern will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
About CU Peru
CU Peru is 501c3 organization that collaborates with health care graduate students to improve the health of individuals living in the Peruvian Amazon Basin by teaching community health workers medical knowledge, skills and preventative health measures to better their lives and those of their communities. For more information, please visit our website at www.cuperu.org.
Time & Duration
This is a summer internship with a possible extension. Anticipated training will be mid-May with the internship running through September 2018. The internship will be approximately 10–15 hours per week (2-3 days per week) preferred. Work days can be flexible as needed.
Posner Center for International Development: 1031 33rd Street, Suite 174, Denver, CO 80205 or remotely as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help manage, update and optimize grants database and management process
- Thoroughly research prospective funders, identifying strong prospects and next steps
- Assist in writing grant applications, including proposals and letters of intent
- Assist Executive Director with developing other funding streams such as individual, events related or corporate giving and partnerships with other foundations or corporations as needed
- Undertake other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, or in process, in a health or non-profit related field preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate a message to diverse stakeholders
- Skilled in conducting quality research
- Detail oriented, with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Experience in or knowledge of nonprofit fundraising preferred but not required
- Strategic thinker who is invested in streamlining organizational fundraising processes
- Self-starter who can effectively manage time with a varied workload and follow through on all projects
- Interest or experience in international development, nonprofits, and/or global health preferred
- Computer literacy skills required (Google Drive, Microsoft Office)
- Proficiency in donor management software a plus, but not required
- Commitment to innovation and willing to think out of the box
- Passion for CU Peru’s values with a commitment to deliver results that support CU Peru’s
Compensation & Benefits
This position is unpaid, but offers the following benefits:
- Continuous support and supervision from Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Opportunity to learn about and understand the day-to-day fundraising efforts of an international nonprofit organization
- Ability to develop a range of professional skills relevant to nonprofit work and the international
- development field
- Access to a robust, engaging network of international development professionals at the Posner
- Center, including access to community events and trainings
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your development work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “[Your Name] – Development Intern” in the subject line. Applications should be submitted by Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
CU Peru is committed to equal opportunities and treatment for all regardless of race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or marital status.